Leaving the country

Prior to the trip:

  • Check the validity of the insurance (dates, territory), be sure to take a printout of CMTPL policy and obtain additional insurance, if required
  • If travelling outside the territory of European Economic Area, a special or notarized power of attorney is necessary
  • Check the vehicle's technical condition (lights, brakes, oil) and, if necessary, perform a technical inspection and/or maintenance
  • In winter find out what the rules on tires are in the countries you are going to travel to. It is prohibited to use studded tires in Southern and Central Europe. Here you can find information on using winter tires in Europe
  • Get acquainted with the traffic rules in the countries you are going to travel to. Here you can find comparison of European traffic laws.


  • In case of a traffic accident, in EEA countries you can fill out the agreed statement. However, if the circumstances of the accident are uncertain, inform the local police. Take a picture of the accident place, note the contact information of other party and the registration details of involved vehicles. Find out which company has insured the civil liability of involved drivers and write down the policy numbers
  • If you need technical assistance or towing, call the 24 hour Roadside Assistance service. We will arrange assistance through our partners in a particular country